There are 2 privacy settings for Facebook groups:
- Public: anyone can see who’s in the group and what they post.
- Private: only members can see who’s in the group and what they post.
Changing Public Group PrivacyPublic groups can change to private. If an admin schedules the privacy setting to change, they have 3 days to cancel if they’d like to.Keep in mind:
- All admins will get a notification when the privacy change is scheduled.
- Everyone in the group will get a notification when the privacy change happens.
- If the change is canceled, the group will stay public and admins will be notified that the change was canceled.
To change the privacy of a public Facebook group you admin:
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your public group.
- Click Settings in the left menu.
- Click next to Privacy.
- Select Private and then click Save.
Changing Private Group PrivacyPrivate groups can’t change to the public to protect the privacy of group members. But group admins can choose to make their groups visible or hidden.