Are you on the lookout for the top Google Forms alternatives?
Google Forms is a well-known form builder that lacks security, conditional logic, and the ability to accept money. It also has a tendency to look unprofessional. As a result, the majority of website owners require a simple yet efficient alternative for their forms if they wish to earn money online from their small business.
As a result, we scoured the web and will discuss our top selections for the finest Google Forms substitutes available.
Here is a table of contents for easy navigation:
What Makes a Good Online Form Builder?
Because Google Forms is such a basic solution, there are many alternatives. So to make your search easier on you, here is what to look for in an excellent online form builder:
- Simplicity — Google Forms works because it is simple. Even though it lacks features, both users and business owners enjoy it because it is easy to use. The #1 thing to look for in an online form builder is ease of use.
- Security — Protecting yourself and your users should be a top priority on your forms if you are collecting sensitive data like payment or login details. To keep your forms extra secure, you will also want to look for an online form builder that lets you enable reCAPTCHA and honeypot settings to keep spammers out of your forms.
- Conditional Logic — Google Forms is unable to support Conditional Logic, one of the simplest features that enhances the intelligence of web forms. If you’re serious about decreasing form abandonment by keeping users engaged and your forms looking professional, search for a solution that includes it.
- Form Landing Pages — Google Forms is popular because it is a distraction-free way to get info from your visitors. An excellent online form builder will offer a landing page solution that you can use as a much smarter and higher-converting Google Forms alternative.
- Customisation — An excellent online form builder will not only let you customise all your forms, but it will let you customise your landing pages to match your brand.
- Email Notifications — In order to follow up with people who fill out your forms quickly, you will want to know when someone submits to your form. Look for a form builder that lets you set up multiple, customizable, and automatic email notifications. This way, you and your team can stay on top of your incoming entries.
- Integrations — A smart form builder will become an important part of your online small business toolkit if it can automatically talk to your email marketing service, CRM, and more.
- WordPress Integration — Your form builder must be compatible with WordPress. This manner, you may host your form page on your website and track its performance using Google Analytics. Given that all company owners want a form builder for their websites, search for a Google Forms replacement that can handle both — landing pages and easy WordPress integration.
- Support — Your online forms are essential. If you have a question about how to do something with Google Forms, you are out of luck as far as talking to someone from Google. You will want a form solution that offers personalised support that’s friendly, helpful, and readily available.
So now that you know what to look for in Google Forms alternatives, let us jump right into our list.
The Best Google Forms Alternatives
If you have decided the issues with Google Forms are something you would rather not deal with, you are in luck. There is a handful of Google Forms alternatives out there to help you get the data you need just as quickly. Here are our picks:
Unlike other feature-rich online form builders that integrate with WordPress, WPForms is an ideal Google Forms replacement due to the simplicity of the Survey and Polls and Form Pages addons.
- Landing Form Pages — The wildly popular Form Pages addon is specially made to help you build a customizable, standalone form.
- Ease of Use — Form creation is simple for beginners with a drag and drop visual builder that lets you create forms in real-time.
- Stellar Support — Knowledgeable and friendly customer service available through a variety of channels, plus extensive documentation.
- Surveys and Polls — Customizable online surveys and polls that help you collect data fast, then display it in beautiful graphs for better data visualisation.
- Spam Prevention — Create trust with your users so they’re more likely to complete your form with reCAPTCHA, Honeypot, and custom Captcha.
- Multiple Integrations — WPForms has integrations with the most popular email marketing providers, CRMs, Google Drive, QuickBooks, and over 1,500 more with the Zapier addon.
- Form Notifications — Get automatic email notifications about your forms activity to yourself or other members of your team.
- Conditional Logic — Easily enable Conditional Logic to personalize your questions based on the user’s answer.
- Mobile Friendly — 100% responsive forms look fantastic on any device.
- Form Templates — WPForms has templates for any kind of form you can think of, including survey forms.
- WordPress Compatibility — WPForms is a WordPress plugin, built to work seamlessly with the popular website platform.
Cost: Pricing for WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year.
If you’re a technical user looking for a Google Forms alternative that let’s you do advanced web development with you forms (like calculations), Formidable Forms could be a good choice for you.
- Conditional Logic — Build forms that have personalized fields based on previous answers.
- Integrations — Send your form data to popular 3rd parties.
- Integrated Views — Take your data and display it in graphs.
- Quiz Maker — Create forms with quizzes that display scores based on your custom grading scale.
- Form Entry Management — Send unlimited mail notifications and customize other advanced features.
- Free Plan — There’s a limited free plan offered on the WordPress.org repository, but you’ll need the paid version to access all the above features.
- Visual Builder — A drag and drop builder helps you create advanced forms in real time so you know what it looks like right away.
- Math Calculations — Offer users instant online estimates and calculate advanced product options.
Cost: Pricing for Formidable Forms Business starts at $199/year.
3. Zoho Forms
If your business already uses Zoho Apps, you can easily tap into the power of Zoho Forms to use as a Google Forms alternative.
- Zoho CRM Compatible — An easy transition if you or your team is already using Zoho CRM.
- Collaborative — Tons of team collaboration tools.
- Safety — Built-in security measures for keeping data safe and assigning team roles and different settings.
- Zoho Survey — Connect apps within Zoho to take advantage of easy data collection with online surveys.
- Form Embedding — Embed your forms on your own website.
- Analytics — Keep track of your forms performance and share it with easily exportable statistics and reports.
- Customizations — Make your forms look the way you want them to.
Cost: Pricing for Zoho CRM, which includes Zoho Forms, starts at $12/user/month.
If you’re on the hunt for a Google Forms alternative that lets you use Excel over Google Sheets, be sure to check out Microsoft Forms. It’s Microsoft’s version of Google Forms for online form data collection, but it doesn’t allow users to upload files to a form.
- Easy — The visual drag and drop builder lets you set up forms quickly.
- Surveys — Includes the ability to use basic Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys.
- Outlook Integration — The Microsoft Office Integration Lets you do things like send your form to people via email.
- Excel — Using the Microsoft Office Integration, you can bring your form data over to Excel quite easily to look through it.
Cost: Microsoft Forms is free for anyone who has a Microsoft Office 365 license.
123FormBuilder is a good Google Forms alternative if you’re looking to create a free form quickly, and don’t mind a very basic design that won’t wow anyone.
- Drag and Drop — A visual builder that helps you create forms in real time.
- Web Form Templates — Has tons of templates to get your started.
- Analytics — Data analytics that includes graphical reports to see some basic performance of your forms.
Cost: The 123FormBuilder Gold plan starts at $24.99/month.
Typeform is a good answer to Google Forms if you’re looking to make unique and pretty forms, and you’ve got intermediate technical skills. It’s expensive, so it’s best for marketing teams with big budgets.
- Surveys — Typeform’s surveys include templates like a customer satisfaction survey, employee satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Mobile Friendly — Large CTA button work well on mobile devices.
- Conditional Logic — Contact forms built with Typeform can use the Logic Jumps feature.
- File Upload Capability — Just like WPForms, Typeform lets you accept file uploads through your forms.
- Conversational Marketing — Shows one question at a time to take advantage of conversational marketing.
Cost: Pricing for Typeform Professional starts at $50/month.
Cognito Forms works as a Google Forms alternative if you’d like to use Square for accepting payments, but the pricing is quite high for the plan that includes integrated payments.
- Payments — Integrations with Square and PayPal for online order forms.
- Conditionals — Let’s you add conditional logic to your forms.
- Templates — Pre-built forms for you to explore so you can get started building a form right away.
- Visual Builder — A drag and drop builder makes it easier to build forms.
- Calculations — Forms can do math to help with things like total cost.
- Analytics — Integrates with Google Analytics.
Cost: Pricing for Cognito Forms Team (which includes Square and PayPal) starts at $24/month.
What’s the Top Google Forms Alternative?
WPForms is far and above the best alternative to Google Forms. Forms built with WPForms are just as easy to make, but are much more professional-looking than Google Forms.
Incredibly simple landing pages may be created using the Form Pages add-on. In addition to this, you can use WPForms to transform any WordPress form into an online payment and purchase form using Stripe and/or PayPal. The WPForms team is also available to assist you with any issues or questions you may have. Smart small company owners that manage their own WordPress website would love this option.
Finally, here’s what you’ve got: You now know what the greatest alternatives to Google Forms are. Hope this article helped you discover the perfect option for your business and website.