Social Media Influencer
The definition of an influencer is different for every individual. But it’s a question that has to be answered by each influencer because it determines what content he or she produces, how he or she uses social media, and how his or her followers respond to it.
Young people, especially teens, are more likely to consider people who make a living off of social media as an influencer. They may be influenced by the money and popularity of a person but also by his or her content.
Older people, though, who grew up with social media, are more likely to consider someone a social media influencer when they post content that makes them popular on social media. They may be influenced by someone’s content, the person’s connections, or the fact that someone is making a lot of money doing something they enjoy.
Traits of a Social Media Influencer
So before we can determine who should be called an influencer, we have to first define what an influencer is and how he or she fits in the social media age.
The idea of an influencer is one that was first popularized in the 1990s by Jay-Z.
In the 2000s, it took the shape of a blogger who made a living producing content that would later become popular on another platform.
Today, an influencer can be anyone on social media.
- He or she could be a teenager or a grown adult.
- She could be the president of a company or a person with little or no influence who spends hours every day creating posts. He could be a YouTuber, a celebrity, or a well-known blogger.
- She could be a professional with a well-defined social media presence or a brand that has become known for producing content online.
- The influencer does not need to be famous or have many followers.
- In fact, being known and having a huge following are two characteristics that are not necessary to be considered an influencer.
How do you know if you’re an influencer?
The answer is simple: you just are.
- And that means you have a few things you should be doing.
- Your goal in life should be to produce more content than you consume. You should make as many posts as you can.
- If you are good at what you do, your posts will go viral and attract followers who, in turn, will subscribe to your content.
- As long as your content is good enough, you are an influencer.