Any blogger’s ultimate objective is to increase the number of visitors to their website. Two of the greatest organisations online that will assist you in doing that are Google News and Yahoo News; both sites receive millions of visitors each day from all around the world.
These sites’ visibility and reputation will catapult your blog into the big leagues. Additionally, you will gain mass exposure if you register with one of these sites. To submit your blog’s URL to Google and Yahoo News, you must first register on their websites. Registration is free, but you must understand how both sites operate.
Benefits of Traffic From Google and Yahoo News Feeds
Having your website listed on Google News and Yahoo News can bring several benefits to your business:
1. Increased visibility: The inclusion of your website on prominent news platforms can substantially enhance its visibility, owing to the extensive user base associated with these platforms. This facilitates the exposure of your brand, products, or services to a wider audience, hence potentially increasing the influx of visitors to your website.
2. Credibility and trustworthiness: Having your brand featured on credible news platforms such as Google News and Yahoo News increases its credibility and trustworthiness. Users frequently associate news coverage with legitimacy and quality. This can aid in gaining the trust of prospective consumers, leading to an increase in conversions.
3. Improved search engine rankings: Both Google News and Yahoo News have high domain authority in search engines. When your website is listed on these platforms, it increases the chances of appearing higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This improved visibility can drive organic traffic to your site.
4. Targeted audience reach: These news platforms provide access to specific audiences interested in particular topics or industries through categorized sections. If your website focuses on a niche that aligns with these categories, you can reach a highly targeted audience who are more likely to be interested in your offerings.
5. Opportunities for media coverage: Google News and Yahoo News are frequently used by journalists and bloggers as sources for articles and research materials. By listing your website on these platforms, you increase the likelihood that it will be discovered by journalists seeking sources or story ideas. This may result in media coverage that increases your brand’s visibility.
Google crawls several news websites and aggregates them into a single, easy news source. Certain factors influence the frequency with which news stories surface. Google employs just online news providers to choose the most relevant stories from 20,000+ news sources.
The editorial process is entirely automated. Google News breaks down its subject into top news stories and eight categories: word news, national news, business, science and technology, sports, entertainment news, health news, and most popular news stories.
Some points should be kept in mind.
- RSS / Atom Feeds and Single News Stories are not accepted by Google News now.
- When entering your URL, you are required to answer a series of questions. Then, Google News will review your blog and determine if it suits their website. They will contact you if more information is required; however, there is no guarantee that your blog will be listed on their website.
- If you want more hints and tips from the source, go to Google News-Help Topics.
- Yahoo also gets just as much traffic as Google News; They are both very similar in terms of how they produce content. They too use automation instead of humans to receive news articles. However, the hot news stories are found on the main web page, while the rest is searchable through Yahoo’s news index.
- As far as getting a blog accepted, the first thing a blogger has to do is answer some questions, followed by telling Yahoo why your blog should be listed on their news site.
- If Yahoo likes what they see in your blog, and decides to list it on their news website, you will be contacted.
Guidelines for Getting a Blog Approved
It’s important to note that the competition is fierce and that the rejection rate is significant when attempting to have your material published on Google and Yahoo news. However, keeping these suggestions in mind will give you a tiny advantage when establishing a stellar reputation.
- Your content must be positively one-of-a-kind, and it is imperative to keep your blog SEO-friendly with related keywords.
- Understand that you must have at least one extra blogger working with you to include your blog in the directory. Depending on your needs, you may hire guest bloggers or partner with a colleague on a project that will last a long time.
- A quick server response time is key. Web crawlers are partial to blogs that can be indexed and loaded quickly.
Upon acceptance of your blog, Google News strongly recommends adding a sitemap. This can easily be handled by registering on Google Webmaster Tools, and then going to the sitemap section in Tools. Sitemaps are extremely effective in promoting traffic and helping spiders crawl your blog.