Covid-19 has brought in a new normal of online classes. Schools have been closed from months, and everything has now been shifted to e-platform. Many teachers faced problems initially, but the situation has improved now. Also, they are surprised at the options they have to teach apart from that book-narration. From games to test, so many tools are there that can help teachers in e-teaching.so let’s take a look at some of the best tools for teachers that help in conducting online classes.
- Edmodo- This platform is nothing less than a classroom, its more than that. A digital classroom. It has been created to give the classroom a 21st-century look. Teachers, students and parents as well have access to it and can join, interact and learn. The interface is similar to a social networking site and is absolutely user friendly. It is also the safest source as anything and everything uploaded on it comes to the knowledge of the teacher. A teacher can give assignments, grade them, talk to parents, upload resources etc. More than 650 million resources have already been shared on this.
- Kahoot! – One of the best and most preferred choices of teachers as well as students. This learning platform is game-based. Teachers and educational institutions create fun-loving games, quizzes, assignments, etc. on it after aligning it with the syllabus. All of this can be done for various subjects and standards. It can be used from any device and in any language. This app successfully captures students’ engagement and makes learning more easy and fun.
- ThingLink– This online platform is used by teachers for providing visual learning experiences. This award-winning education technology allows teachers to present images with sounds, music, animations, etc. so that it becomes eye-catching and interactive. The picture can be just an image, or even a table or a graph etc. The teacher can add notes, references or videos on the image for better understanding and explanation. This makes learning more presentable and easier to understand.
- Toppr OS– Another platform for rich mass teaching. Toppr os is used mostly by schools for online streaming of what is nothing more than classroom lectures. This platform is a complete set in itself. It shows your time table with current sessions going on. It allows teachers to share images, play videos, conduct polls and tests etc. Apart from this, it has a network of experts who are always available to solve queries and clear doubts. It has been classified into classes 5-12 with subjects relevant as per the standard.
- Storybird– A platform most loved by the students. It is a fact that learning is more effective when it has a story attached to it, and when it has many visuals. This platform is the right choice for that. The teachers can use this to create stories that deliver knowledge, as well. The writing and reading skills of the students get improved in this act of storytelling. Teachers can conduct these sessions, interact with students, take quizzes and even provide them with the feedback.
Above stated were the five best tools for online teaching. These tools can make the teaching and learning process easier, fun-loving and more efficient. However, no platform is good enough without the commitment from both students and teachers. These tools make communication effective, but the commitment is the tool that’ll help you sail through.