After weeks of rumors and speculation, Microsoft has officially unveiled Windows 11, the next version of its desktop operating system. Check out Complete Details on Microsoft Windows 11, at DigitalGyan.
Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and Desktops are new features in Windows 11 that give an even more powerful method to multitask and stay on top of things. These are new tools that will assist users in organising their windows and making the most of their screen real estate.
Machines that wish to install the new updated Windows 11, must meet the minimum system requirements in order to run Windows 11.
Minimum requirement of Windows 11
Microsoft has also provided a list of prerequisites for installing Windows 11 on a computer. A device will not receive a free update to Windows 11 if it does not meet the minimal criteria.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip. (SoC)
- RAM: 4 GigaBytes (GB)
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9″ diagonally, 8 bits per color channel
- Internet connection and Microsoft accounts: Windows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use.
Windows 11 Price and Availability
From the start of this year’s Christmas season, Windows 11 will be available for free download. The project will be completed in 2022. It’s worth mentioning that you’ll need a legitimate copy of Windows 10 to download Windows 11 for free. It’s possible that a new installation of Windows 11 may necessitate a purchase.
Top Windows 11 Features
- The user interface is similar to that of a Mac. The Start menu and Taskbar are now in the center of the screen.
- Android applications integrated
- Widgets may be accessed directly from the Task Bar.
- Support for virtual desktops similar to those seen on Macs
- The Xbox gaming experience has enhanced
- Microsoft Teams integration: use it on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
How to check if your PC is compatible with Windows 11?
There’s a program that will tell you if your computer has the necessary hardware for Windows 11. PC Health Checkup is a free program that can be downloaded from the Microsoft website. Simply run it on your PC or laptop, and it will tell you whether or not your system is capable of running Windows 11.