Recover Corrupt JPEG – File corruption is a widespread problem with almost all files, including JPEG and JPG files. When corruption occurs, your files become inaccessible, and you run across severe data loss situations.
Most of the corrupt JPEG files occur after the format got corrupted. And the JPEG format is one of the most popular formats that various devices can use. So, when you store your data in JPEG format, corrupted data storage is ubiquitous.
Nevertheless, of the cause of JPEG and JPG file corruption, you have to fix it using appropriate JPEG repair solutions to get valuable images back to life.
Why JPEG Files Get Corrupted?
JPEG file corruption may occur due to a wide range of reasons, making the file inaccessible.
The most frequent reasons for JPEG and JPG file corruption areas are listed below:
– Broken or corrupted header of the JPEG file.
– Viruses or malware has infected the file or storage media.
– The storage media, such as hard drive, memory card etc., has bad sectors.
– The Master Boot Table or Master Boot Record of your Windows machine is damaged.
The JPEG file scan was not complete, or you have improperly edited the structure or encoding of the image.
When you face JPEG or JPG file corruption due to the following reasons, you need to repair JPEG files using suitable applications to make them accessible.
To extract or access a corrupted JPEG file, you can opt for any of the following steps:
- Scan your disk using an updated Anti-virus application and check if it helps.
- If your hard drive has bad sectors, you need to use the CHKDSK utility to fix the affected disk.
- Restore or repair Microsoft Windows operating system if a corrupted Master Boot Record or Master Boot Table is causing the problem.
- If JPEG or JPG files are damaged, you need to restore the most recent image copy from an updated backup.
- If you do not have a valid or updated backup, you can try opening the file in a different picture viewer and saving it another name and format.
What to do if nothing works?
If none of the above methods helps you perform JPG repair, you have to opt for a commercial recovery application. Such tools are capable of effectively handling all corruption scenarios.
Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair is the most efficient utility to repair and restore damaged JPEG and JPG files. It is compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, 7 and Vista.
The application uses high-end scanning techniques to ensure the complete recovery of damaged JPEG/JPG files from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, and flashcards.
Visit here to Repair file online for free
If you don’t have access to a desktop JPEG restoration application, you might try an online photo recovery service. OfficeRecovery (https://online.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/) is a popular JPEG repair online programme that may help you recover damaged JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG, or RAW pictures (.jpg,.jpeg,.gif,.tiff,.bmp,.png) that have become useless and can’t be opened.
Simply upload the image to the cloud recovery service using the repair photo form on the product page to mend damaged JPEG files with OfficeRecovery online photo repair.
You may use several online JPEG repair solutions, such as the one discussed in this article, to restore faulty JPEG files. You won’t have to download anything, and it won’t take up any space on your computer if you use an online picture file repair application. On the downside, many online JPEG file restoration programmes charge by the number of photographs repaired and might be more costly software.