What Are the Differences Between Java and WordPress?
WordPress or Java?
Are you wondering which platform is the best for you to build your website? You can always go with the one that’s popular and most likely to get you more profit. However, your business may depend on whether the platform is robust and if it is flexible enough to accommodate your business and needs.
Therefore, here’s a comparison between Java and WordPress for a better understanding of which one is better.
Java is an enterprise Language, which means it is used to build enterprise applications; what do we mean by that?
- A variety of clients can interact with applications like browsers, smart tablets, B2B applications, .NET and other language apps.
- High Security to support the standards.
- Highly Scalable to support the growing traffic.
- Performance – Begin compile time performance is high.
- E.g applications are Gaming, ECommerce websites, Billing, Retail, CRM and tons of others
- Java can be used to create blogging CMS like WordPress.
There are CMSs like alfresco, Plone, JRoller who do attempt to do that, but none have been able so popular as WordPress.
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that you can use to create and publish a website without needing to hire a web designer. WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems, with over a third of the world’s active websites using it. Some of its features are:
- Very specialized CMS/blogging engine build on top of PHP.
- It is very easy to learn software, compare it to learning MS Word.
- You don’t need to know PHP/programming to be WordPress website developer.
- It has the concept of a theme, which allows a developer to configure website pages with ease.
- Supports thousands of plugins, almost easy to find any kind of functionality a website needs.
- Installs on Apache Server with PHP engine.
- Many hosting sites support 1 click install.
- Uses MySQL as the backend engine.
As you see, WordPress and Java cannot be compared as one is a language, whereas another is a software built on PHP language.
WordPress And Java Together
The resin is a Java Application server, but with a twist, it has a Quercus engine which allows PHP applications to be installed as Java applications.
What does this mean if WordPress can be installed on Resin will run as a Java application and also take advantage of libraries like Spring, Hibernate, SOA.
Also, it will perform way better as it will be compiled only once and not interpreted as every request like it does now.
To have this integration working has its challenges, but the good news is there is a way.
While WordPress has its niche, creating CMS websites with blog functionality, it is the DeFacto Platform. But when it comes to creating highly scalable enterprise applications, Java is the de-facto platform.