With over 1 billion active users, WhatsApp is one of the most popular mobile messaging apps. If you’re an Android user, there’s a good chance that your WhatsApp data is stored in the app’s native storage.
However, if you’re an iPhone user and want to switch to using WhatsApp, you’ll need to migrate your data. This guide will show you how to do it.
You can transfer your account information, profile picture, individual and group chats, chat history, media, and settings from an Android to an iPhone. It is not possible to transfer your call history or display name.
What do I need to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
- Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or higher, or Android 5 on your Android device.
- iOS 15.5 or higher must be installed on your iPhone
- Switch to iOS app on your Android device
- WhatsApp iOS version 22.214.171.124 or higher must be installed on your new device.
- WhatsApp Android version 126.96.36.199 or higher on your previous device.
- Utilize the same phone number from your previous device on your new one.
- Your iPhone must be brand new or reset to factory defaults to pair with the Move to iOS app and transfer data from your Android device.
- Both of your electronic devices must be powered.
- Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, or you must connect your Android device to the hotspot on your iPhone.
Migrate WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- On your Android device, launch the Move to iOS app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The iPhone will then display a code. Enter the code on your Android phone when prompted.
- Tap Continue and adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- Choose WhatsApp from the Transfer Data menu.
- Tap START on your Android device and wait for WhatsApp to export your data. Once the data is ready, you will be logged out from your Android device.
- To return to the Move to iOS app, tap NEXT.
- Tap CONTINUE to transfer data from your Android device to your iPhone, then wait for Move to iOS to confirm that the transfer is complete.
- Install WhatsApp’s most recent version from the App Store.
- Launch WhatsApp and log in with the same phone number as your previous device.
- When prompted, tap Start and allow the process to finish.
- Complete the activation of your new device, and your chats will be waiting for you.
What becomes of my WhatsApp data?
Until an iCloud backup is created, transferred data is not stored in the cloud as a result of the migration.
WhatsApp cannot view the transferred data.
Your data will remain on your Android device unless you remove WhatsApp or erase your device.
In conclusion, migrating your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone is a fairly simple process. Follow the steps this article outlined, and you should be good to go. And don’t forget, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!