An industrial code of practice is set of enforceable rules and regulation and standard measure which put in place of regulate the industrial conduct. Its main purpose is to improve industrial standard by providing low cost and flexible form of regulation and protect intended between business and customer.
Industrial codes of conduct are two types first one is mandatory which means compulsory enforceable which protect consumer from the business and it is bound by code and second one is voluntary code which is self regulated code of practice and flexible.
The aims of this code are: –
- Protect consumer from business and provide safeguard.
- Resolve the consumer complaints.
- Improve management and awareness regarding health & safety issue.
- Improve industry standard.
- Providing costumer benefit beyond minimum standard.