Registries are considered the heart and soul of our computers. The registries are the locations in the computer where important files are stored.
When we switch ON our system, our computer would first look into the registries as the files required to boot up the system are stored in these locations.
Any error that happens to the registries would affect our PCs’ overall functioning and reduce their speeds as well. When a new program is installed, it changes some of the files in the registries, and you install many programs into your system.
On all these occasions, the files stored in the registries are changing, and any corruption or mistake in these files would cause the system to crash.
Error accessing the OLE registry is one of the most common errors that can happen in our registry. Let’s explore more about it.
What is an error accessing the OLE registry?
When you install a new program into the computer, the OLE server included in the application would not have been installed, which is the reason for the error.
When such an error message is displayed on your monitor, you should follow these steps so as to fix the problem.
1. The first thing you would have to do is check whether you have logged into the computer as the Administrator or as a part of the local Administrator group.
2. Try to find the registry key causing the problem and then run regedt32.
3. Register the COM object again; if it starts normally, your problem has been solved.
Reason and Solution 2
This issue may occur if the Outlook program is running in compatibility mode.
Let us follow the steps below and check if it helps:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClentX86 or ClientX64\Root\Office15.
- Right click on Outlook.exe and go to Properties.
- Now go to Compatibility tab and uncheck all the options that are checked.
Sometimes the issue may be caused due to missing .net framework in your system. For example, in this case, you can see the user was having the same issue due to the missing .net framework. So, make sure your system has installed to date .net framework.