Are you looking for a way to stream your content on Twitch? Whether it’s mobile, PC, Xbox or Playstation, we have covered all the scenarios for Streaming. Today, at DigitalGyan, we have covered the minimum Prerequisite also and streaming setup.
One must get familiar with the different methods and tips for how Twitch streaming works. Whether you intend to start a Twitch channel to broadcast your video gaming sessions or simply wish to watch others, the process remains the same. It is important to know which streaming software is required on a PC or mobile device. And how to set up streaming for watching your favourite channel.
One might be surprised to know that Twitch’s user base has aired more than 24 billion hours of broadcasts in 2021 alone. For some people, Twitch is where they go to watch content. So, there is plenty of opportunity. Nevertheless, despite the rise in viewers, it is still difficult to become a well-known Twitch broadcaster, especially when you take into account the time and dedication needed.
Of course, there are those fortunate streamers who seem to become really popular overnight. However, the great majority of the time, getting there requires years of perseverance and hard effort.
Let’s talk about the minimum requirement to start your streaming on Twitch.
Pre-requisite for Streaming on Twitch
To stream on Twitch, one must have these minimum requirements:
- Twitch Account
- A Streaming Software
- Setting up a good Webcam
- Setting up a good microphone
- Good Internet Speed
- A device like a laptop, PC, smartphone, Xbox or PlayStation
How to Start Streaming on Twitch using a PC or Laptop?
With the help of Twitch Studio, you can rapidly set up your broadcast and go live. You may follow the instructions for setting up your webcam and audio inputs in the Twitch Studio guide.
Another software choice is Streamlabs OBS, where you can set up your stream and link your Twitch account by following a quick instruction.
With Lightstream Studio, you may stream directly from your web browser if you don’t want to install any more software. With only a few clicks, Lightstream enables you to invite visitors to your stream.
On the Lightstream website, click “Start Streaming,” then select Twitch from the list of possibilities. An invitation to sign in and activate your Twitch account will appear.
The tutorial will walk you through adding your camera and audio source; be sure to tick Disable processing for music sources for the clearest audio. To start streaming, click the “GO LIVE” icon in the top right corner.
Are you prepared to go forward? You may advance your broadcast by setting up a PC with the necessary tools (often a camera, microphone, and audio interface).
How to Start Streaming on Twitch using a Smartphone?
Whether it’s Android, iPhone or iPad, the method remains the same. Twitch allows mobile game broadcasting in two different methods. You have two options for installing software:
- First, you can cast the screen of the device you want to use for streaming to your computer’s display.
- Second, you can install an app that is compatible with the operating system on the smartphone or tablet you’re using.
The live streaming app (FREE) must be downloaded to your smartphone in addition to a Twitch account and a mobile game.
You will need a microphone, a webcam, the software required to link your smartphone or tablet to a computer, as well as live streaming software if you choose to broadcast your mobile streaming video through a computer.
Installing an app is most likely the simplest way to stream mobile games on Twitch. It’s easier to use StreamLabs or Mobcrush to stream from your mobile device directly to Twitch, even though there are many choices available for iPhones and Android phones.
You may share your broadcasts on YouTube, Mixer, or Twitch if you decide to download StreamLabs. You must first log in with your Twitch account in order to use the app. To do so, simply hit the button that reads “Log in with Twitch” when the programme is launched.
Since the Mobcrush app now only allows you to Sign in to your account, you will need to visit the website to Sign up. If you often broadcast on Twitch, setting up a Mobcrush account and utilising it to log in to the app is probably your best bet.
How to Start Streaming on Twitch using Xbox?
To start streaming on Twitch on Xbox, follow the steps below:
- Sign Up or Login to your Twitch Account first.
- Select “Live broadcasting” under the “Capture and Share” option on the Xbox One console.
- Use an iOS or Android mobile device to scan the QR code or a PC or mobile device to access the URL, you must link your Twitch account.
- Once your accounts are connected, click the “Go live now” option to begin live streaming games that have been downloaded to your console right away.
- Users can watch your streaming with any device they have. You may opt to notify players who follow you on the Xbox console when you go live on Twitch.
- To activate this, go to Preferences > Xbox Notifications and change the live streaming options.
How to Start Streaming on Twitch using Play Station 5?
To start Streaming your Twitch session using Play Station, follow the step below:
- From the Microsoft Store, get the Twitch Xbox app. It should be noted that you may broadcast from your PlayStation without using the PlayStation app.
- To distinguish yourself, add aspects to your channel that represent your own brand. When users find your page, this will assist them to understand who you are!
- On a mobile device, you may edit your profile picture and bio. You can also change a variety of other options using a web browser.
- It is advisable that you connect to your account from a web browser before you start streaming so that you may configure your Moderation and Safety settings and guarantee a great experience for your expanding community.
- Set up your microphone or Headset, which are compatible with PlayStation. For PlayStation, the only option is to use the PS4 or PS5 Camera.
- Following the instructions on your screen, first connect your PlayStation account by scanning the QR code or entering the code at twitch.tv/activate.
- Sign Up or Login to your Twitch Account. If you have set up Two-Factor Authentication, then complete it.
- Press the Share button on your controller while playing a game, choose “Broadcast Gameplay” from the Share menu, and then choose Twitch.
- If available, you may add your PlayStation Camera and select your video option before inviting your friends to start viewing.