There are multiple possible reasons for msvcr120.dll-related errors. For instance, msvcr120.dll has been deleted or misplaced, or it has been corrupted by malicious software or a corrupted Windows registry.
These are the most typical error messages:
- Because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer, the software cannot be launched. Reinstalling the programme may resolve this issue.
- There was an error starting the msvcr120.dll file. The module provided could not be located.
- Error loading msvcr120.dll. The module provided could not be located.
- The execution of the function cannot continue because msvcr120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the programme could resolve this issue.
- Either msvcr120.dll is not compatible with Windows or it includes an error. Attempt to reinstall the programme using the original installation disc, or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for assistance.
How to Fix MSVCR120.dll Was Not Found Error
In the vast majority of instances, reinstalling msvcr120.dll to the Windows system folder provides the solution. Alternately, certain programmes, particularly PC games, require the DLL file to be placed in the game/application installation folder.
If you get the error “code execution cannot proceed because msvcr120.dll was not found” while WAMP installation or in installing any other program, you can fix it simply by downloading this file and pasting it in the C:/Windows/System32
Don’t forget to extract the file and use the DLL file only. You can comment and let me know if you need similar DLL files like MSVCR110.DLL or MSVCR130.DLL.