Social Bookmarking is one of the major parts of SEO techniques to promote your website online. The basic reason for bookmarking a post/site is to generate traffic. Bookmarking is nothing but saving a website in your browser [in your local PC]. We always bookmark our favourite sites in our browser, so that we can easily retrieve them when needed.
Social Bookmarking is also a similar way, but in this case, you save all your bookmarks in the website itself [not in your local PC]. With this technique, you can retrieve your favourite sites from anywhere in the world using the internet. This gives you more traffic to your website. Apart from the traffic, it also gives backlinks to your site.
How to do Social Bookmarking?
There are plenty of sites providing these bookmarking services such as Digg, Facebook, Twitter etc…
1. First, you have to create an account in these sites.
2. After signup, you will be given a special code that you can place on your blog/site. When you place these scripts in your blog, you can notice small icons at the bottom of every post. So, when a visitor comes to your site, he will bookmark your site by just clicking those small icons placed at the bottom of your posts.
3. You can also directly bookmark your URL in those sites where you will give your title and a short description [Don’t forget to leave a link back to your site].
In this way, you can use social bookmarking services.
Note that the post i.e., rated well by others will be given more importance in the search results. Always try to be creative when choosing titles.
1. The main advantage of this bookmarking is Search Engine Optimization. Because these sites highly search engine optimized.
2. You can experience immediate traffic when you use these bookmarking services.
3. Also, the theme of these services is that you can place your favourite websites list in one place and browse whenever & wherever required using the internet.
4. It is the best place for promoting because nowadays, so many people are gathering at these bookmarking sites.
1. The main advantage is also its downside. That means, your site goes out of the results as quickly as it came into the search find. Because, so many people add bookmarks daily and due to this reason, old bookmarks will go back when new ones are added.
We can covert this disadvantage into an advantage by adding fresh bookmarks every time.
So, Start bookmarking now and get instant traffic to your website or blog.