Discord Bots are the new trending feature that helps you to organize efficiently. Let’s talk about how to add Bots to your own Discord Server, and other features that are provided with it.
One can get a free communication programme on Discord, which allows for both group audio and video conferences. Discord stands out from its competitors because of its flexibility to build private or public servers that serve as the base for several communities all around the world.
One can establish a secure and inviting connection where users may chat, broadcast video games, make stickers, and do much more if you know how to add bots to Discord. Even it’s cool to add a Discord Bot.
Bots are essentially computer programmes that communicate with people (and occasionally with other bots) to carry out certain tasks automatically.
A website that offers to communicate with you about their product or service and opens up a friendly chat window right away is a bot. Reddit users frequently encounter bot interactions few times.
Let’s quickly examine how to add helpful Discord bots in 2022 before learning how to install bots on a server. There are a few methods to achieve this, but visiting the unofficial Discord bot list website is the quickest and one I use most frequently.
The most popular Discord bots are listed directly on the home page of the website, and you may choose to add them to your server if you’d like.
You may use the helpful search feature on our website to locate bots that are appropriate for your use case.
What is A Bot on Discord? How helpful it is?
Discord bots are helpful artificial intelligence that can carry out a number of beneficial activities automatically on your server.
That entails greeting any new participants, expelling disruptive individuals, and managing the conversation. Some bots even enhance your server with music or games.
You don’t need to be an expert programmer to add an automaton to your server, so don’t worry. You just download ready-made bots and alter what they say and do.
We’ll go through how to get the well-liked MEE6 bot, how to use it as a moderator, and a greeting bot, and how to utilise it to notify your server when you’re broadcasting on Twitch.
How to Add Bots to Your Discord Server on Desktop?
On a Discord server, adding bots is really simple, as it should be. All you have to do to get started is sign into your Discord account using a browser.
You must have decided which bots you want to add to your Discord server, in my opinion. When you have the bots you wish to add to your server, take the following actions:
- Log into your Discord account by visiting the Discord app website. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the server name to select the server you wish to add the bots too.
- From the drop-down box, select “Server Settings.”
- Enable the “Manage Server” permission in the General Server Permissions area by selecting “Roles” and scrolling down. Once finished, select “Save Changes.” Make careful to limit who may control the server to trustworthy persons and not everyone.
- Choose the desired bot from one of the aforementioned Discord bot websites. For this example, Top.gg will be used. To add the bot to your server, click “Invite” on the bot listing page.
- Choose the Discord server you wish to add the bot to from the “Add to Server” drop-down option on the following screen, then click on Continue.
- Click “Authorize” after verifying the server permissions the bot will use.
All you have to do to add the bot to your Discord server is that. Bots can be used to increase the functioning of your server or to offer enjoyable activities for you and your friends to undertake.
How to Add Bots to Your Discord Server on Android or iOS?
Bots may be added to a server via more than just a desktop application or website. Following is a description of how to invite bots to your server using the Discord mobile app:
To invite a bot to your Discord server, open the bot’s listing on Top.gg and hit the red “Invite” button. Use your login information on the next page to sign in if you haven’t already done so on Discord using your web browser.
You’ll see the bot authorisation page once you’ve logged in. Select the server you want to add the bot to here, then click “Continue.” Then click the “Authorize” button after granting the necessary rights.
The end of that. The same is now accessible through your Discord server.
How to Download a Bot for Discord?
Visit this page to download MEE6.
Select the “Add to Discord” button.
To verify your account, enter your Discord login. Click Authorize if a pop-up asks for your consent to use your account.
Next to the name of your server, click Setup.
Click Continue after selecting your server in the pop-up box.
Choose which permissions you want to grant this bot.
Click Authorize as you go down. Fill out the Captcha human verification if requested.
How to Setup a Welcome Bot on Discord?
We’ll start by developing a bot that welcomes new users to your service.
Select Welcome from the menu.
Choose the action you wish the bot to take. Send a notification when a user joins the server is one of your choices. Send new users a private message, New users should be assigned a role, and the server should be notified when a user logs off.
The text colour and font, as well as the channel in which your bot will publish, may all be customised.
When completed, click Save. If you wish to make modifications, come back to this page of plug-ins.
How to Setup a Moderating Bot on Discord for a Group?
To configure your moderator bot, go return to the plug-ins page on the MEE6 website. A moderator has the power to ban undesirable users from your server and control language.
Select the Moderator button.
Then, in the pop-up, select Yes to make it active.
Choose the rules you wish your bot to enforce by scrolling down to “Auto-moderator.” You can choose to restrict offensive language, spoilers, and too many emojis.
You may choose how the bot reprimands people when deciding what your bot will monitor. The message may be automatically erased, a warning message may be issued to the person who initiated the auto-moderation, or both actions may be taken.
To change the threshold that activates the bot, click Settings. The bot, for instance, can start acting when a particular amount of spoiler tags have been added to a post. The bot may be told certain channels to ignore.
Save any changes.
What are some of the Popular Discord Bots?
There are many Discord bots available, and if you know to program, you can even create your own. A few reliable bots are listed below:
- The robot Hydrabot plays music (MEE6 also has music bot functionality).
- Text chat communications can be translated in real-time by a translator.
- Before allowing anyone to access your whole server, the captcha bot verifies you are a person. This can aid in reducing spam and ensuring the security of your users.
- A bot called Epic RPG adds a full role-playing game to Discord.
How to Setup a Streaming Bot on Discord for Twitch?
Discord was first designed as a communications service for gamers, therefore streaming culture is closely related to it. If you broadcast, you may configure MEE6 to notify your server each time you go live on Twitch.
- Go back to the MEE6 plug-ins page first.
- Click the Twitch icon after scrolling.
- To activate it, select Yes in the pop-up window.
- Your Twitch channel name should be entered.
- Make a message specific to your server.
- Choose a channel where the bot can post.
- Specify if you want to be notified in Discord when someone follows the Twitch channel.
Press Save. Now, everyone on your server will be informed when you go live on Twitch.